Sport Fishing Charters
Early June starts off our fishing season in Baronet Passage, Blackfish Sound and Johnstone Strait. These waters provide novice and seasoned fisherman alike the likelihood of a successful catch. Here we fish for the migrating runs of all five species of Pacific Salmon with our focus mainly on catching the larger Chinook, but we also hook plenty of Coho, Sockeye, Pink and Chum Salmon. Our central location also provides excellent opportunities to bottom fish for Halibut, Ling Cod and Rock Fish. The location of fishing grounds also provides our anglers the occasional photographic opportunity. You’ll want your camera close by for snapshots of surfacing Orcas or a Humpback whale breaching the icy water. Maybe a diving Bald Eagle snagging his next meal, the playful seals and porpoises, or a curious bear on the water’s edge.
Note that the focus of our sport fishing excursions from early June to July 15th is on halibut and bottom fish. After July 15th, the sport fishery opens for Chinook catch retention. Mid July onwards is also a great time for the other species of salmon.
- Experienced guide on all excursions
- Reliable 19’-22’ fully rigged boats
- All rods, reels, tackle, and bait
- Life jackets
|Your guide is Nick Teichert. Your Guide is Nick Teichert. Nick Teichert grew up on northern Vancouver Island and has being fishing all his life. He has fished salmon in Haida Gwaii, halibut off Cape Scott and tuna off Oregon coast to name a few. Nick has a passion for guiding and fishing, and a keen eye for safety with over 20 years of experience in these local waters. Join him aboard and start your trip off right.|
- Fishing Licenses are available at the Alder Bay office. Please acquire your license prior to the day of your trip, as the office will not be open prior to departure the day of. (Tidal waters fishing license is available online HERE, and can be printed in our office on the day of departure. Email the PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Your guide will help you fillet your catch, but please be prepared to package your own fish.
- Fish freezing service is available at the Alder Bay office. We will store your wrapped seafood in our freezers for the duration of your stay for $0.35 per pound. Please make sure your fish is clearly labelled with your surname for ease of identification. In addition, you will be expected to affix a label with you name, phone number, species, and catch area, and indicate if the specimen was tagged or not (if applicable)
Adult Adventure Waiver
Child Adventure Waiver