Early June starts off our fishing season in Baronet Passage, Blackfish Sound and Johnstone Strait. These waters provide novice and seasoned fisherman alike the likelihood of a successful catch. Here we fish for the migrating runs of all five species of Pacific Salmon with our focus mainly on catching the larger Chinook, but we also hook plenty of Coho, Sockeye, Pink and Chum Salmon. Our central location also provides excellent opportunities to bottom fish for Halibut, Ling Cod and Rock Fish. The location of fishing grounds also provides our anglers the occasional photographic opportunity. You’ll want your camera close by for snapshots of surfacing Orcas or a Humpback whale breaching the icy water. Maybe a diving Bald Eagle snagging his next meal, the playful seals and porpoises, or a curious bear on the water’s edge.
Note that the focus of our sport fishing excursions from early June to July 15th is on halibut and bottom fish. After July 15th, the sport fishery opens for Chinook catch retention. Mid July onwards is also a great time for the other species of salmon.
- Experienced guide on all excursions
- Reliable 19’-22’ fully rigged boats
- Lunch, complimentary beverages and snacks (full day charter only)
- All rods, reels, tackle, and bait
- Life jackets
- Fishing License (Tidal waters fishing licence is available online HERE, and can be printed in our office on the day of departure. Email the PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org)