Whale Watching - Seasmoke Whale Watching Company
Seasmoke Whale Watching is the longest standing operator on the North Island. We are environmentally conscious and have 60+ years of guiding and naturalist experience within our team. Our 3 - 3.5hr tours depart daily from Alder Bay Resort and Alert Bay on Cormorant Island.
From the comfortable seat and viewing platform on our boat, witness the dynamic marine environment found in our backyard. You will be captivated and invigorated watching a local phenomenon, as numerous marine species converge to feed on prey passing through the pristine waters of Queen Charlotte Strait, Johnstone Strait (Robson Bight), and Blackfish Sound.
What our tour offers you:
Personalized tours that showcase not only marine mammals and seabirds but also a myriad of tranquil protected waterways. Being intimate yet respectful of nature, we aspire to bring present-moment awareness into your life while you tour aboard our vessel 'Seasmoke'.
- A high quality tour with only 12 passengers (or less).
- An excellent viewing opportunity - you can take photographs with ease and with 360 degree viewing potential.
- Comfort - It is a comfortable ride! You can leave your seat and move about the boat if you desire when the boat is stationary and we are viewing wildlife.
- An awe-inspiring experience bringing you close to the water while creating the feeling that you are at one with nature. A hydrophone will be deployed to broadcast the underwater sounds, especially the vocalisations of Orca.
- Friendly and informative Captains who will share with you their knowledge and passion for this unique and stunning area.
- Our TripAdvisor and Facebook testimonials speak for themselves.
Location: Alder Bay Marina
What to bring: Extra layers to stay warm, camera, water, snacks, tight fitting hat, gloves, sunglasses, sunscreen, binoculars.